It’s been a while since I’ve done a recipe. Here’s one I came up with recently. I’ve lately started to track my “macros” so for this one I’ve calculated the protein, fat, and carbs content.
- 4 1/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 2 8 oz cans sliced water chestnuts
- 2 8 oz cans sliced bamboo shoots
- t tbsp xantham gum
- 1 cup Splenda or equivalent
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine. (Sake might also be used and I probably would have if i’d had any.)
Add the chicken, garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots a little at a time to a 4 quart slow cooker, sprinking the xantham gum over other ingredients until all of the first six ingredients are added. Add the Splenda, soy sauce, and cooking wine.
Cover and cook on low about 8 hours. Stir together. The chicken will easily break up into small pieces.
Goes well with riced cauliflower (or rice, if you’re not on a limited carb diet).
A one cup serving has about 220 calories. 55 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of fat and 5.2 grams net carbs.